Carlotta Tote | BlackOvae
A tote bag to trump all tote bags.
Carlotta is the newest tote on the block - made from beautiful vintage grain leather (her handle is crafted using one whole piece of leather, no joins or stitch lines here) and her body is constructed of superior leather hide to structurally compliment her modern shape.
Carlotta lends herself to spaciousness - Throw in your laptop, work gear, kids junk, jumper, whatever! She has room for whatever daily haul you pull. A functional, generous tote bag to see you through years of errands (stylishly of course)
It’s all in the details:
- Handcrafted Leather with a temptingly soft hand feel
- Continuous leather strap (no joins or sew lines here)
- Internal Pocket Under ideal for keeping your phone within reach
- Solid Leather structured tote
- Removable Leather and Suede internal base to keep shape structured
- Raw hide leather inside, adding to her natural charm
- Handle Drop 30cm
- Width 36.5cm, Height 36.5cm, Depth 15cm
- Two classic colours to keep you on point for many years to come.
- Ethically handmade in the Ovae production house in Indonesia in limited quantities
O V A E - L E A T H E R C A R E G U I D E
When you purchase a wallet, clutch or leather bag from Ovae, we want you be able to enjoy it for many years. As the years go by, your OVAE leather will mature alongside you. To ensure your leather stays beautiful and grows in character, we recommend the following care:
Before using your new Ovae leather, we recommend spraying it with a good quality leather protectant spray. Make sure you test a small patch on an inconspicuous place first. Follow instructions or apply two or three generous coats allowing them to dry in between applications. It's definitely not essential, however recommended especially for lighter items.
C L E A N I N G Y O U R L E A T H E R
- Spot clean with a damp (but not wet) cloth in a light shade to remove dirt and grime. Followed by a clean dry cloth to wipe away any remaining residue.
- For heavy soil, you may use a leather cleaning agent after you have removed the initial dirt, however proceed with care and always test a patch of leather in an inconspicuous place first.
- Keep your leather away from ink and sharp objects to avoid stains and scratches. If you unfortunately find your beloved leather in this situation, please seek professional advice from your local leather repair store or cobbler.
C O N D I T I O N I N G Y O U R L E A T H E R
- After you have cleaned your leather it is important to condition it to help repel any stains as well as hydrate the hide to help keep it in prime condition.
- If you find your leather looking 'dry' or getting scratched more easily, then it's a sign that your leather needs hydration. Remember, leather is a living and natural material. A good leather conditioner will help bring it back to its prime.
- Always use a reputable brand of leather conditioner and always test a patch of leather in an inconspicuous place first.
H O U S I N G Y O U R L E A T H E R
- Keep your leather items out of the sun and direct sunlight as prolonged exposure to sun or artificial light may alter the colour of the leather over time.
- Store your leather in a cool dry place.
- For best results, we prefer to hang our bags when not in use. We also recommend that you stuff your bag with scrunched up paper to help keep its original shape.
- Leather wipes can be used to gently and occasionally wipe over the surface of your leather item to keep it conditioned and dust free.
Handbags available for purchase at Green Door Decor. We proudly support fun and beautiful art prints, textiles, homewares, fashion and jewellery by Aussie Creatives.